Most cities require the homeowner to submit a garage sale permit prior to an estate sale. Below, please find the links to the websites where you can submit a permit. Once you receive the permit, please give us a copy so that we can display it the day of the sale.
If you have not signed up for an estate sale, please read more about having a sale before you decide to host a garage sale. Even if you are moving, you may have enough items to have an estate sale! Estate sales bring more customers to your door and more money to your pocket!
These links are deemed reliable, but are not guaranteed. Please double check to make sure that the information provided below is correct. Howe Estate Sales, LLC is not liable (for any fines, penalties, etc.) should any of the information below be incorrect. This list was updated 1/28/2015.
- Alhambra - Permit Not Required
- Arcadia - Permit Required
- Beverly Hills - Permit Required
- Burbank - Permit Required
- Glendale - Permit Not Required
- Huntington Beach - Permit Not Required
- La Cañada Flintridge - Permit Not Required, call city to confirm
- Long Beach - Permit Required
- Los Angeles (city) - Permit Not Required
- Los Angeles (county, unincorporated) - Permit Not Required
- Monrovia - Permit Required
- Pasadena - Permit Required
- San Gabriel - Permit Required
- San Marino - Permit Required
- Santa Monica - Permit Not Required
- South Pasadena - Permit Required
- Sierra Madre - Permit Required
- Thousand Oaks - Permit Not Required (unless involving multiple residences or small handcrafted goods created by local persons within their own residence)
- West Hollywood - Permit Required
More cities will be added soon.